What is Students4Change?
Students4Change is a program seeking Improve the quality and relevance of academic programs aimed for the development of innovation and social entrepreneurship competencies in Latin American Universities, and to increase the capacity to resolve the urgent social problems our region is encountering.
Project Coordinator Message
Ivon Aida Cepeda Mayorga, Coordinator
PHD in Humanistic Studies with an Ethics
Specialization at Tecnológico de Monterrey
The project Students4Change is financed with funds from the European Union within its Erasmus+ Program: Capacity Building in the Field of Higher Education.
The main goal or purpose of the project is the development of competencies in entrepreneurship and social innovation as part of the curricular plan within higher education institutions in Latin America.
Fifteen universities take part of the project, 5 European and 10 Latin American; as well as Ashoka, a non-governmental organization with international presence. This broad project allows connections with universities in Germany, Brazil, Colombia, Costa Rica, Chile, Spain, France, Portugal and Mexico.
To date, two successful meetings have been held, being the most recent at Pontifícia Universidade Católica do Rio Grande do Sul (Brazil). These meetings have served to establish the working path within the project, taking advantage of the knowledge and experience from different members in the areas of entrepreneurship and social innovation.
Among the achievements we are able to mention about this project, it is the preparation of a document including the theoretical framework of the definition of competencies, both in entrepreneurship and social innovation and the selection of different tools to support the teaching of these competencies in students.
The steps to be developed in our project for 2018/2019, includes training for group of professors from different Latin American universities, the implementation of the proposed application model, its monitoring and evaluation in order to see or to verify the development of competences within the students.
It is estimated the impact will provide at least 50 courses within the different universities.
To improve the quality and relevance of academic programs aimed for the development of innovation and social entrepreneurship competencies in Latin American Universities, and to increase the capacity to resolve urgent social problems our region is encountering
1. To implement educational models to promote the formation of competencies in entrepreneurship and social innovation in university students.
2. To offer training strategies to participating universities professors, and to provide teaching methodologies that enable the development of entrepreneurship and social innovation skills in students.
3. To design tools of approach and work that allow a better understanding of the needs of communities and improve the joint and sustainable resolution of identified problems
4. To devise a model to monitor and evaluate the development of social entrepreneurship competencies in the curriculum.
5. Design and implement political and institutional processes aimed at academic and administrative promotion of entrepreneurship and social innovation in participating universities.
6. Strengthen the social incubators of the participating universities, increase their relationship with curricula related to entrepreneurship and social innovation and with students.
7. Generate alliances among participating universities, promote the exchange of information and the formation of research groups.